What is Mold?
Mold is a Fungus.
It is a normal part of our environment but when is grows inside our homes if can cause health issues and damage our structures.
Is Mold Dangerous?
Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people. Symptoms other than the allergic and irritant types are not commonly reported as a result of inhaling mold. Research on mold and health effects is ongoing.
How do I test for Mold?
(1) Use a kit from the store; or
(2) Have a professional perform a mold inspection and take air and surface samples with professional calibrated equipment.
An inexpensive Test kit from the store
Have a Professional Perform a Detailed Inspection
Why Do I Have Mold?
(1) Mold Spores - Simply put, mold spores are everywhere with the possible exception of a clean room in a manufacturing environment. You have mold spores.
(2) Some Food Source - Mold can grow on almost anything. It grows well on paper products, cardboard, ceiling tiles, wood products, dust, paints, wallpaper, insulation, drywall, carpet, fabric, and upholstery. I bet you have a few of those things around the house.
(3) The Right Temperature - If it is too cold mold will not grow. Unfortunately mold likes the same temperatures we do.
(3) Moisture - Mold needs persistent moisture to grow. Something needs to stay we for 24 hours or longer (in general). Moisture is the x factor in mold growth. If you remove the mold and do not uncover and resolve the underlying moisture problem the mold will grow back.
How does the process work?
Call for Your Free Consultation
We will gladly answer all of your questions. Get your free consultation and when you are ready, book your mold inspection and sampling.
Get Your Mold Inspection & Sampling
The inspection and sampling will take 2-4 hours. When we are done we will gladly take time to summarize what we found. We will then Fedex Overnight the mold samples to the laboratory.
Get Your Mold Inspection Report
Withing 24 hours we will send you your Mold Inspection Report via email. It will have pictures, useful information about the moisture and/or mold in your home, and suggestions to avoid future moisture and mold issues.
Get Your Lab Reports
Within a few days we will email the laboratory reports to you. Both us here at Clarity and experts at the lab will gladly help you understand your laboratory reports and, based on the reports and the inspection, what actions you should consider taking.